N-Stalker Support Team December 16, 2013 • Tips & Tricks
This article explains how to properly configure N-Stalker's directory permissions.
1) As an administrative user, right-click on N-Stalker's installation folder and select "Properties".
2) Go to the "Security" tab and click on "Advanced".
3) Select the user or group of users to modify and click on "Edit".
4) Mark the checkboxes in the "Deny" column to revoke the privileges and select "OK".
5) Log in using another user account with no privileges and try to access N-Stalker's installation
folder. If the configuration is correct, you should not be able to open it:
N-Stalker Support Team October 3, 2013 • Solutions
This article explains step-by-step how to add events to N-Stalker's Web Proxy feature.
1) Start N-Stalker's Web Proxy and click in "Start Proxy".
2) Click in "Intercept Off" and select "Configure events".
3) Right-click inside the table and select "Add Event".
4) Select the search options:
- Event Type: specifies the event type (request, response or both).
- Location: specifies where the search will be performed (header, body, URI or all three).
- Match Type: capture only the traffic containing the the pattern from "Expression" field ("Positive Match") or the traffic without it
- Expression: specifies the pattern to be found. The search engine is case sensitive.
In the example, the filters are:
- Capture requests and responses containing the pattern "login" in the message body
- Capture requests containing the pattern "POST" in header or body fields
- Capture responses containing the pattern "Server:" in the header field
5) After setting the events, click in "Intercept Off" to select where the traffic will be saved and start navigating through the application.
In this example, the traffic will be displayed in the user's interface and is not going to be available for further analysis. If this operation is successful, the button will switch its name to "Intercept On".
Example: Navigating through an application (Gmail)
6) To see the captured traffic in details, click in "Intercepted Raw Data".
7) When a response to the applicatin is requested, the tab "Intercepted Raw Data" will pop up. Click in "Send Response" to proceed.
Example: Intercepted login data:
8) Click in "Stop Proxy" to stop the capture. In this example, the data was not saved for further analysis due to the option described in step 5. To perform this, the correct option is "Intercept HTTP to a text file".
N-Stalker Support Team September 24, 2013 • Tips & Tricks
N-Stalker Support Articles
How to update the N-Stalker Database
In this article, you will get an overview on how to update the N-Stalker database, which allows you to use the scanner successfully. Please follow the steps below:
1) Open N-Stalker Security Scanner X.
2) If you need to configure a Proxy Server and Proxy authentication, click on "Global Option". If you have already configured your proxy settings or your connection does not use a proxy, go to step 4.
3) Under "Proxy Settings", you must enter a Proxy address (host/IP) and TCP port to have a valid configuration.
Don't forget to check option "Use Proxy to communicate with N-Stalker (updates)".
4) Click on "Update Manager" to update your N-Stalker database.
5) You should click on "Update" button to obtain the latest signature and software updates available from N-Stalker.
6) The database's updates will be installed into your N-Stalker license.
7) When your N-Stalker will be totally updated, you will be able to run N-Stalker with success.